HMT 2206 Garde Manger
Introduction of Garde Manger discipline, including tools and equipment, preparation of pâtés, terrines, mousse, galantines, hors d'oeuvres and canapes. Demonstrate basic skills in charcuterie, carving of edible and non-edible showpieces, garnishes, ice carvings, chaud-froid and aspics. Includes buffet and plate presentation. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HMT 1112
- Students are expected to organized and complete assignments within a specific period of time.
- Students provide a cold food buffet demonstrate skills and techniques acquired from the course.
- Students prepare a variety of cold food preparations with emphasis on garnish work, individual and buffet presentation designs.
Credit Hours: 3
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 2:20PM