HMT 2207 Butchery & Fish Management
Students will fabricate primal cuts of meat, poultry, fish, and pork with emphasis given to portion control, purchasing, costing, and utilization of byproducts. The product produced in this course will be used in menu development for the Tartan Terrace Restaurant. Four lab hours per week for eight weeks.
Prerequisites: HMT 1101
- Demonstrate proper packaging, labeling, and storage techniques.
- Calculate edible portion cost using butchers test.
- Use the proper tools and cutting techniques to produce edible portion with minimal waste.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
3:00PM to 7:25PM