HMT 2208 Advanced Culinary & Competition Skills
Competitions play a vital role in culinary arts as the industry standard excellence bar continues to raise. There is no better way for a culinarian to hone their craft than by putting their skills and knowledge to the test in a competitive format. This class will utilize the format of the ACF Ohio State Team competition to test the readiness of students entering into the work force. Students will develop a menu, set purchasing specs. and preform cost calculations. Once this is completed, students will then prepare various appetizers, soups, entrées, and desserts from their menus serving guest in the Tartan Terrace Restaurant prior to competition. These efforts will be followed by an opportunity to participate in a state wide competition event. Six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HMT 1129 and HMT 2206 and HMT 2215 and HMT 2226
- Qualify at the ACF Skill level for a Certified Culinarian.
- Use advanced food knowledge and skills of product to determine the utilization, fabrication, and presentation while maintaining quality control.
- Produce a buffet platter (4 course meal), dinner menu with nutrition information along with participating in salon skills resulting in an ACF team level experience.
Credit Hours: 3
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 2:20PM