HMT 2209 Advanced Culinary Skills
Capstone course in Culinary Arts which students will prepare seven course meals. The course involves preparation of classical and contemporary cuisine, including American Regional cuisine. Students will develop a menu, set purchase specs, and perform cost calculations. Once this is completed, students will then prepare various appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts from the menus they have created and serve the cuisine prepared in a chef's table style at the Tartan Terrace Restaurant. Six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HMT 1110 and HMT 1112 and HMT 1126 and HMT 2206 and HMT 2215 and HMT 2226
- Qualify at the ACF Skill level for a Certified Culinarian.
- Use advanced food knowledge and skills of product to demonstrate the utilization, fabrication, and presentation while maintaining quality control.
- Combine Menu Development, Purchasing, and Cost controls to create a profitable multi-course meal.
Credit Hours: 3
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No