HMT 2226 Hospitality Purchasing & Negotiations
Food service functions regarding negotiations, laws, buying, science, packaging, distribution, ingredient process, storage, organization, cost controls, security, garden(s) sustainability, and procurement processing experience(s). One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HMT 1105 and HMT 1110
- Explanation of the futurist thoughts on Food service.
- The dynamics of food purchasing in regards to law, market, distribution systems, buying decisions and application of food science and sustainability.
- The students will explore measuring and packaging for preservation,sale and distribution. The ingredient process in regards to storeroom practices of shipping, receiving, issuing and cost control measures.
- The students will develop product knowledge of herbs, bakery supplies, various meats, fruits, vegetables, dairy and beverages.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 11:40AM