HMT 2230 Risk & Prevention Management
This course will cover the broad task of protecting guests, non-guests, employees and assets. Topics will include security, property access, perimeter control, alarm systems, communication systems, closed circuit television, computer security, employment screening, terrorism, emergency procedures and general safety procedures.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and HMT 1105
- Systematize the process of assessing risk and evaluate the types of insurance coverage needed for different hospitality and tourism operations.
- Diagram surveillance systems as they pertain to unauthorized persons, theft, etc. in hospitality and tourism operations.
- Practice dealing with bomb threats, terrorism, fire, tornadoes, robberies, etc.
- Determine and evaluate the major areas of vulnerability and issues regarding liability of lodging operations, restaurant operations, cruise ships, etc.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes