HVA 1261 HVAC Loads & Distribution for Small Buildings
A discussion and demonstration of the importance of proper air distribution systems and principles of balanced heat distribution, including design considerations for light commercial applications. Loads will be calculated using commercially available software. Testing, Adjusting and Balancing procedures are included. One classroom, six labs hours per week.
Prerequisites: DEV 0015 and MAT 0100 or MAT 1110 or MAT 1130 or MAT 1445
- Describe problems related to heat distribution.
- Calculate load and distribution needs.
- Use air and water flow formulas in a troubleshooting environment.
- Perform basic airside TAB procedures including documentation.
- Select equipment for a given application.
- Apply basic design tools applicable to heating and cooling systems.
- Describe proper and improper design and installation practices.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term