HVA 1351 Building Psychrometrics & Load Calculations
Theory and practice of performing psychrometric analysis of HVAC systems. Principles and practice performing detailed heating and cooling load calculations for commercial facilities. Students learn both hand calculation and use of computer- based design and analysis tools. Selected hands-on laboratory studies reinforce basic principles. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: MET 1131 and HVA 1201 and MAT 0200
- Perform psychrometric analysis of HVAC systems.
- Select HVAC equipment to meet required criteria.
- Calculate heating load for a facility using both hand and computer calculation techniques.
- Calculate cooling load for a facility using both hand and computer calculation techniques.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No