HVA 1401 HVAC Mechanical & Electrical Troubleshooting
Diagnostic methods of mechanical, electrical and control system problems in heating and cooling systems. Other topics include common faults and how to avoid repair failures. Two lecture, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HVA 1201 and HVA 1221 and CAT 1601
- Employ accepted component replacement procedures.
- Describe methods for avoiding repeat failures in equipment.
- Describe the function and purpose of safety controls.
- Identify component failure rates.
- Identify common mechanical problems in light commercial heating and cooling equipment.
- Demonstrate proper troubleshooting techniques on equipment and systems.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
6:00PM to 8:15PM