HVA 1811 NCCER Sheet Metal Level 1A
This course covers NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) core sheet metal curriculum, an overview of the sheet metal industry, sheet metal tools and equipment, and plasma arc cutting. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Students will demonstrate understanding of NCCER core sheet metal curriculum.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history of the sheet metal craft and the career opportunities in the trade.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of common tools in the sheet metal craft.
- Safely use and maintain plasma arc cutting equipment.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No