HVA 1812 NCCER Sheet Metal Level 1B
This course covers sheet metal math and measurements, layout and processes, parallel line development, installation of ductwork, and installation of air distribution accessories. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Understand calculations using denominate numbers, area and volume calculations, English-metric system conversions, basic geometry, percentages, and calculation of stretchouts.
- Understand parallel line development, radial line development, and triangulation. Select and use layout, hand, and machine tools.
- Use parallel line development method to lay out fittings.
- Assemble ductwork using different types of sealants. Install ductwork using lifts. Understand different types of fasteners and supports, proper spacing of hangers, load ratings, and installation of hangers and support systems.
- Understand how air distribution accessories such as louvers, dampers, and access doors function as part of an air distribution system. Understand installation guidelines.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No