HVA 1818 NCCER Sheet Metal Level 4B
This course covers architectural sheet metal, shop production and organization, sheet metal business and technology, and fundamentals of crew leadership. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Lay out and fabricate sheet metal components of a roof drainage system including flashing, gutters, and downspouts.
- Explain the production, organization, planning, and control functions of a sheet metal shop. Explain the optimization of processes, competitive bidding, and project planning techniques.
- Demonstrate familiarity with tools and advancements in software to enhance design, estimation, fabrication, installation, and project documentation.
- Demonstrate basic leadership skills and styles, communication, delegating, problem solving, and the crew leader's role in jobsite safety.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term