MAN 2101 Introduction to Supervision
Strategies and techniques for current, as well as prospective, supervisors emphasizing the assessment of skills required, the analysis of situational factors and the development of creative approaches to effective supervision.
- Compare the theories of motivation, and describe the importance and benefit of performance appraisals.
- Examine the history and importance of labor unions and the importance of supervisory control.
- Describe the importance of properly dealing with conflict and stress, as well as the proper ways to deal with counseling and disciplining employees.
- Examine the basic supervisory functions of planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling as well as the importance of proper communication.
- Discuss the process of team development and the theory behind leadership styles.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes