MAN 2144 Negotiation Techniques
This course addresses the application of basic principles of negotiation through the introduction and analysis of the negotiation process, case studies and simulations. It focuses on accurately identifying requirements specifications, analyzing proposals and conducting purchasing and contracting negotiations ethically and legally, but is also relevant to compromise and agreement in other business and personal life situations.
- Participate in negotiation role-playing scenarios to practice basic skills used in the negotiation process.
- Research individual, global and cultural differences and apply in negotiation simulations.
- Research negotiation strategies and evaluate their use and success in negotiations.
- Review the elements of contracts and legally binding documents and complete forms as part of the negotiation process.
- Develop a written role play scenario and perform the role play to demonstrate ethics and game playing and the effect on negotiations outcomes.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes