MAS 1130 Reimbursement Specialist Practicum
Student will complete seven hours per week for a total of 105 non-paid directed practice at a medical billing facility in order to obtain practical knowledge with medical reimbursement procedures. Students will, as part of this course, attend a one hour lecture per week in order to prepare to sit for the national credentialing certificate, Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Promote professionalism.
- Provide opportunity to sit for the national credential, Certified Reimbursement Medical Specialist (CRMS).
- Reinforce the legal and ethical implications of working in health care reimbursement areas.
- Apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in an actual health care reimbursement facility or department.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Practicum: 7 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Medical Assistant Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No