MAS 1193 Lab for MAS 1103
This is the laboratory portion of MAS 1103 – Clinical Medical Assisting II and will provide “hands-on” aspects of the clinical topics taught in MAS 1103 to prepare students to perform intermediate-level clinical procedures in a family practice setting such as medical microbiology, minor office surgery, administering therapeutic modalities, preparing and administering medications, electrocardiography, and eye and ear procedures.
Prerequisites: BIO 1107 or BIO 1121 or BIO 1141 and HIM 1101 and MAS 1102
- Demonstrate the principles of medical microbiology.
- Demonstrate the medical assistant’s role in preparing for and assisting with specific office surgical procedures, including identifying surgical instruments.
- Demonstrate the principles of electrocardiography including equipment, recording and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate the medical assistant’s role in preparation and administration of therapeutic modalities.
- Demonstrate the medical assistant’s role in preparation and administration of medication.
Credit Hours: 0
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Medical Assistant Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 12:50PM