MAS 2201 Clinical Medical Assisting III
This course will introduce students to advanced/specialized procedures such as assisting with gastroenterologic procedures, urinary procedures, basic respiratory procedures, OB/GYN procedures and laboratory procedures that are performed in ambulatory care settings. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HIM 1101 and BIO 1107 or BIO 1121 or BIO 1141 and MAS 1102
- Describe the principles of respiratory diagnostic procedures including equipment, recording and troubleshooting.
- Explain the proper procedures of assessing and responding to various gynecological and obstetrical examinations.
- Identify laboratory procedures in a medical office, including collection of specimens for transporting or testing, venipuncture, urinalysis, quality control and laboratory safety.
- Describe the medical assistant’s role in preparing for and assisting with specific office specialized procedures.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Medical Assistant Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes