MAS 2201 Clinical Medical Assisting III
This course will introduce students to advanced/specialized procedures such as assisting with gastroenterologic procedures, urinary procedures, basic respiratory procedures, OB/GYN procedures and laboratory procedures that are performed in ambulatory care settings. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HIM 1101 and BIO 1107 or BIO 1121 or BIO 1141 and MAS 1102 and Restricted to Majors
- Describe the principles of respiratory diagnostic procedures including equipment, recording and troubleshooting.
- Explain the proper procedures of assessing and responding to various gynecological and obstetrical examinations.
- Identify laboratory procedures in a medical office, including collection of specimens for transporting or testing, venipuncture, urinalysis, quality control and laboratory safety.
- Describe the medical assistantâ€™s role in preparing for and assisting with specific office specialized procedures.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Medical Assistant Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
Term: Summer 2023
Format: Condensed content. Shorter than normal term. Complete work online when it fits your schedule, while adhering to weekly deadlines. No scheduled meeting times. Requires computer and high-speed internet.
Restrictions: Restricted to MAS Majors
Course Fee: $80.00
Open Seats: 7
Open Seats: 7