MAS 2220 MAS Practicum
Introduction to the ambulatory care clinical setting involving structured observation and unpaid participation in the administrative and clinical aspects of patient care under the supervision of a licensed physician or certified medical assistant, discussion of practicum experience and topics relative to the medical assisting profession, preparation to sit for a national credentialing certificate. Healthcare Professional CPR, health certificate, immunizations, student health insurance, and background check must be completed prior to the start of MAS 2220 - MAS Practicum.
Prerequisites: MAS 1103 and MAS 1110 and MAS 2201
- Observe and demonstrate assisting with basic medical office clinical tasks.
- Identify how the role of a medical assistant varies according to the practicum setting.
- Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities associated with patient care.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in dress, language and interactions with staff and patients.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Medical Assistant Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
3:00PM to 3:50PM