MAS 2291 Lab for MAS 2201
This is the laboratory portion of MAS 2201 – Clinical Medical Assisting III and will provide “hands-on” aspects of the clinical topics taught in MAS 2201 to prepare students to perform advanced/specialized procedures such as assisting with gastroenterologic procedures, urinary procedures, basic respiratory procedures, OB/GYN procedures and laboratory procedures performed in the ambulatory care setting.
Prerequisites: MAS 1102 and BIO 1107 or BIO 1121 or BIO 1141 and HIM 1101
- Demonstrate techniques required to perform laboratory procedures in a medical office, including collection of specimens for transporting or testing, venipuncture, urinalysis, quality control and laboratory safety.
- Demonstrate the medical assistant’s role in preparing for and assisting with specific office specialized procedures.
- Demonstrate the principles of respiratory diagnostic procedures including equipment, recording and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate the proper procedures of assessing and responding to various gynecological and obstetrical examinations.
Credit Hours: 0
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Medical Assistant Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 5:50PM