MAT 1110 Math for Technologists
Use ratio and proportion to solve applications in technology; convert within and between metric and customary systems of measurement; read and interpret measurement tools and gauges; simplify algebraic expressions; solve linear equations; apply the geometry of lines, angles, and circles to technology applications. Traditional testing (proctored or in Testing Center) is used in all online sections.
Prerequisites: MAT 0050 or Other (Satisfactory score on math placement test)
- Compute ratios and proportions as needed for a variety of applications for the technologist.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve linear equations.
- Convert within and between metric and customary units of measurement.
- Determine angle measure and circumference and area of circles.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Mathematics
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
9:00AM to 11:40AM
1:00PM to 2:15PM