MET 1101 Introduction to Engineering Drafting
Interpretation of engineering drawings. Includes principles of orthographic projection, drafting symbols, surface finish symbols, welding symbols and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols. One classroom, two lab hours.
- Demonstrate understanding of dimensioning techniques.
- Create detailed drawings that serve as working drawings for manufactured products.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Use and application of symbols related to tolerancing (coordinate and geometric).
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering standards and procedures.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes