MET 1131 Personal Computer Applications for Engineering Technology
Applied computer tools to solve engineering technology problems, emphasizing the integration of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and engineering research skills using the Internet. Applications of an integrated approach to research papers, engineering technology analysis, technical laboratory reports and technical presentations. One-half classroom, one and one-half lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: DEV 0015 or MAT 0600 and MAT 0100 or MAT 1110
- Access the internet for research and problem solving.
- Utilize integrated software to prepare and communicate solutions to engineering technology problems.
- Research, prepare and make a presentation on a technical topic.
- Create engineering documents using word processing, presentation graphics and spreadsheets.
- Use spreadsheets and solve problems in a variety of engineering technology disciplines.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 0.5 hours
- Lab: 1.5 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
10:00AM to 11:50AM
3:00PM to 4:50PM
5:00PM to 6:50PM