MET 1151 Guitar Manufacturing using Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) Concepts
This course looks at the design elements, manufacturing and assembly of solid-body electric guitars. Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) concepts that relate directly to guitars are used to help students make an applied learning connection. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Solve math problems on fretboard layout.
- Develop a headstock on a CAD system and have it manufactured to the design specifications.
- Apply design and assembly skills to achieve a playable instrument.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
10:00AM to 1:40PM