MHT 1201 Interviewing Skills
Basic interviewing, active listening skills, elements of the helping relationship, professional ethics and issues. Practice in conducting interviews. Cultural factors in interviewing. Introduction to Motivational Interviewing. Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy law.
Prerequisites: MHT 1101
- Identify the ingredients of active listening.
- Demonstrate attending skills.
- Differentiate and utilize a variety of interviewing responses in an empathic manner.
- Articulate one's own views regarding particular issues of diversity.
- Identify and abide by legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:30AM to 12:10PM