MHT 1201 Interviewing Skills
Basic interviewing, active listening skills, elements of the helping relationship, professional ethics and issues. Practice in conducting clinical interviews. Diversity factors in clinical interviewing. Introduction to person centered approach. Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy law.
Prerequisites: MHT 1101 and Restricted to Majors
- Identify the components of active listening.
- Demonstrate active listening and attending skills.
- Differentiate and utilize a variety of interviewing responses in an empathic manner.
- Articulate one's own views regarding issues of diversity.
- Identify and describe legal, ethical, and professional interviewing standards.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No