MHT 1202 Motivational Interviewing
Learning and applying the model of Motivational Interviewing including engaging, focusing, evoking, and planning. Concepts of OARS, stages of change, communication skills, client ambivalence, developing discrepancies, change talk, client goals, and developing a change plan.
- Explain the theoretical basis for Motivational Interviewing and apply the Four-process Model to case scenarios.
- Explain and design effective intervention strategies that demonstrate the spirit and methods of Motivational Interviewing in case scenarios.
- Demonstrate the use of various Motivational Interviewing methods in simulations.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
1:00PM to 3:40PM