MHT 1236 Assessment & Diagnosis of Substance Use Disorders
Holistic assessment and diagnosis of substance use disorders. Assessment skill development. Use of and interpretation of assessment instruments. Use of current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) criteria related to substance use disorders.
Prerequisites: MHT 1130
- Identify the stages and symptoms of substance use disorders, differentiating between substance use and substance dependency disorders.
- Recognize the criteria needed for the diagnoses of different substance use disorders and utilize this knowledge during interviews with others.
- Administer assessment instruments and accurately interpret information to make an accurate substance use disorder diagnosis.
- Perform a drug and alcohol assessment including a biopsychosocial history, mental status, 5 axis diagnosis, diagnostic summary, and treatment recommendations consistent with the level of care needed.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No