MHT 2105 Mental Health Treatment Methods
Identify and examine mental health treatment methods and evidenced-based practices. Recognize mental and emotional disorders from the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) and their evidenced based treatments. Apply clinical interventions and treatment modalities for various client populations. Identify key concepts, terminology and ethical dilemmas associated with mental health treatment methods.
Prerequisites: Restricted to Majors
- Identify and examine mental health treatment methods, interventions, and evidenced-based practices.
- Recognize mental and emotional disorders from the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM).
- Identify functional, legal and ethical dilemmas in mental health treatment methods.
- Identify key concepts including treatment methods and their founders, crisis intervention and suicide risk assessment.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term