MHT 2121 Practicum I
First of two field experiences in human service delivery. Professional documentation and refinement of interviewing skills. Pharmacology in behavioral health. Three classroom, fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: MHT 1201
- Prepare written clinical documents: intake, psychosocial database, mental status, treatment plan, and progress note.
- Identify psychiatric medications and their uses in the behavioral health field and identify available informational resources about psychiatric medication.
- Demonstrate an awareness and valuing of students' and others' cultural diversity factors.
- Establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Under supervision, demonstrate professional and ethical work skills with an interdisciplinary team in an agency setting.
- Demonstrate competency in basic interviewing skills.
Credit Hours: 5
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term