MHT 2130 Fundamentals of Addiction Counseling CDCA Renewable
Course provides 30 hours of chemical dependency specific educational content required for application for CDCA Renewable credential with the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Content included: Addiction and treatment knowledge, individual and group counseling, evaluation, service coordination, documentation and professionalism. Persons who currently hold a CDCA Preliminary with the State of Ohio may also take this course.
Prerequisites: MHT 1130 and Approval of Department
- Develop, identify, and describe one's personal attitudes, beliefs and obstacles toward treating persons with substance use and other addictive disorders.
- Identify and utilize components of prevention, assessment, intervention, and relapse in individual and group settings with persons with substance use and other addictive disorders.
- Identify the ethical and professional behaviors expected in the field of substance use and other addictive disorders counseling. Understand scope of practice.
- Demonstration and utilization of techniques used in addiction counseling focused on Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No