MHT 2211 Group Dynamics II
Stages of group development, process planning, and group leadership skills. Advanced practice in group co-facilitation and critical analysis of group processes. Curative factors in groups. Laboratory group promotes personal learning while providing experiential awareness of group dynamics and stages of group development. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: MHT 2111
- Name and describe Corey's stages of group development. Analyze and articulate the group laboratory's activities and experiences according to Corey's taxonomy.
- Identify and demonstrate group leadership methods and techniques.
- Describe the nature and importance of numerous group dynamics and the impact each of these has on individual and group behavior. Describe Yalom's Curative Factors and analyze and articulate how each of Yalom's Curative Factors is manifested in the group laboratory experience.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No