MHT 2222 Practicum II
Second of two semesters of field experience in human service delivery. Refinement of clinical documentation and clinical interviewing skills. Three classroom, fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: MHT 2121
- Refine client interviewing skills of attending and empathy. Demonstrate skills in problem assessment and influencing toward change.
- Integrate beginning level competency in the role of teacher and educator through presentation of recorded client interview and use of educational resources and techniques.
- Complete a client file including the following documents: Intake, Psychosocial Database, Mental Status Exam, Group Progress Note, Treatment Plan, Diagnostic Statement, and Extended Treatment Plan.
- Demonstrate an awareness and valuing of clients' cultural diversities.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical work skills under minimal supervision, with an interdisciplinary team in an agency setting.
- Under minimal supervision, demonstrate interventions to meet client needs.
- Apply basic suicide and homicide risk assessment to clinical documentation.
Credit Hours: 5
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term