MHT 2222 Practicum II
Second of two semesters of clinical practicum in Mental Health and Addiction Services. Demonstrate professional and ethical work skills with an interdisciplinary team in an agency setting. Awareness of diversity factors to support culturally competent practice in helping profession. Ethical decision making. American Psychological Association format to research evidenced based practices and best practice principles. Capstone course. Three and one-half classroom, fourteen clinical hours per week.
Prerequisites: MHT 2121 and Restricted to Majors
- Demonstrate professional and ethical work skills with an interdisciplinary team in an agency setting.
- Demonstrate an awareness of diversity factors to support culturally competent clinical practice in the helping profession
- Identify ethical dilemmas and apply ethical decision-making model aligned with legal and ethical practices in the helping profession.
- Synthesize research about specific clinical populations regarding evidenced based interventions, ethical considerations, psychosocial factors and best practice principles.
Credit Hours: 5
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term