MHT 2245 Mental Health & the Family
Impact of mental health disorders on individual family members and overall family functioning. Family Systems Theory and assessing family issues. Diversity factors and contemporary issues in modern families. Key concepts and terminology related to family dynamics.
Prerequisites: ENG 1101 and Restricted to Majors
- Analyze factors of family mental health and the dynamics of the family as a system.
- Identify and describe diversity issues in modern families.
- Identify and describe contemporary issues in modern families including divorce, abuse, neglect, trauma, and blended families
- Analyze emotional, behavioral, and relational consequences on family functioning when a family is organized around mental health disorders.
- Identify key family concepts including family roles, developmental theory, and codependence.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No