MRK 2100 Foundations of Marketing
Foundations of Marketing is designed to provide a broad introduction to the field of marketing. Marketing is far more than just selling or advertising within a business setting; it is a major part of our everyday lives. This course will illustrate the importance of marketing and skills that are applicable to all specializations within business.
- Create and maintain an online professional presence using LinkedIn throughout the course.
- Define marketing and its role in creating value for consumers, society and organizations.
- Identify the scope of the job and decision points faced by Marketing Managers in today's complex, competitive business environment.
- Identify marketing problems facing an organization and illustrate recommendations using qualitative and quantitative analysis tools
- Prepare and present a personal marketing plan and digital portfolio that illustrates skills in creative and critical thinking, written and oral communication, ethical reasoning and social responsibility.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Marketing
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
2:00PM to 3:15PM