MUS 1109 Introduction to Music Education
Aspects of professional music teaching and pedagogy including teaching methodologies and philosophies; elements of learning and teaching; variety of professional organizations and their resources will be introduced.
Prerequisites: ENG 1201
- Demonstrate knowledge of the publications, websites, conferences and events of the various organizations for music education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different teaching methodologies for Music Education including those developed by Kodaly, Gordon, Suzuki, Orff, and Dalcroze.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of American Music Education including the legal basis of the American education system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the nine national standards for music education as published by the National Association for Music Education.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Music
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term