MUS 2117 Survey of Musical Styles I
The historical styles of Western music in chronological sequence through analysis of various musical compositions and musical forms from the Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque and Classical eras.
Prerequisites: MUS 1112 and ENG 1201 and Approval of Department
- Demonstrate knowledge of composers and compositional styles from the Middle Ages through the Classical period.
- Demonstrate familiarity with acoustical components of pitch, dynamics, duration and timbre.
- Demonstrate familiarity with standard elements of music including rhythm, melody, harmony, tone color, texture and simple forms.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze, through listening and score study, representative musical compositions from years 800 through 1800.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Music
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term