MUS 2118 Survey of Musical Styles II
The historical styles of Western music in chronological sequence through analysis of various musical compositions and musical forms from the early 19th century to contemporary times, including the Romantic, Modern and 20th century eras.
Prerequisites: MUS 2117 and Approval of Department
- Demonstrate knowledge of composers and compositional styles from the Romantic Era through the Twentieth Century.
- Demonstrate familiarity with acoustical components of pitch, dynamics, duration and timbre.
- Demonstrate familiarity with standard elements of music including rhythm, melody, harmony, tone color, texture and simple forms.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze through listening and score study representative musical compositions from years 1800 through 2000.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Music
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 1:50PM