MUS 2210 Conducting Fundamentals
Fundamentals of conducting music ensembles with emphasis on basic baton technique, meters, cueing, addressing different styles, conducting terminology and score reading.
Prerequisites: MUS 1113
- Define musical terms used in reading a band or orchestra or vocal score.
- Demonstrate proper beat patterns of 2, 3 and 4.
- Demonstrate baton techniques for conducting attacks, releases, fermatas, dynamics, and staccato and legato styles.
- Demonstrate knowledge of score reading including proper score order for bands and orchestras.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Music
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term