NSG 2450 Professional Nursing III: Leadership & Management of Care
Facilitates development of leadership and management skills, with an emphasis on prioritization, delegation, supervision, and collaboration with the health care team. A minimum of 25 class hours. This is a blended course containing both face-to-face and online elements.
Prerequisites: NSG 1600 and NSG 1650
- Distinguish the nurse's role in collaboration with the healthcare team to manage conflict and create change.
- Examine the impact of various leadership styles on achievement of patient and system outcomes in a variety of settings.
- Apply appropriate prioritization, delegation, and supervision skills in simulated learning experiences.
- Develop a quality improvement plan based on best available evidence to provide safe care.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Nursing
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 10:50AM