OPT 1100 Tooling & Machining Metrology
Various measurement techniques involving shop measuring instruments; correct use and care of basic inspection instruments; interpretation of blueprints as well as machined products related to engineering needs. Introduction to Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM). One classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Define, explain and demonstrate knowledge of terms and procedures as they are used in metrology.
- Read and interpret engineering prints and parts requirements.
- Demonstrate use of conventional measuring tools such as rules, dial calipers, micrometers, height & depth gauges, gauge blocks, electronic measurement equipment.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Industrial & Systems Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
Not currently offered this term