OPT 1101 Introduction to Industrial Engineering Technology
Introduction to operations process design, process improvement and the skills, methods and techniques used to accomplish this; the interactions and relationships between people and process change and the interactions between different processes in organizations. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- After improving a process, develop techniques and methods to keep the process running correctly over time.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect process performance data and evaluate process outcomes and productivity.
- After evaluating process outcomes, develop alternatives for process improvements, evaluate the alternatives then select and apply the best one to use.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Industrial & Systems Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 11:40AM
5:30PM to 9:10PM