OPT 1113 Coordinate Measurement
Course will prepare students to use and program coordinate measurement machines, apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles, use advanced operating techniques for a servo driven coordinate measuring device. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: OPT 1100
- escribe and demonstrate the basic theories of metrology and machining to the use of computerized measuring machines.
- Construct a part in 3-dimensional space and define rectangular and polar coordinates.
- Create a direct computer controlled measurement program for a computer controlled coordinate measuring machine that will measure the dimensional characteristics of a sample part.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Industrial Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
5:30PM to 9:10PM