OPT 1130 Lean Operations & Continuous Improvement
Lean operations principles including lead time reduction, containerization, module design, standardized work and Takt time, Kanban, 5S's and Office Lean. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: OPT 1101
- Give examples and explain the differences between traditional operations and Lean operations.
- Working on sub-teams, create a fully functional workcell that will produce a product on demand with the least labor, equipment and inventory.
- Working on teams, integrate systems such as labor, equipment, information, calculations into an outcome that will produce a specified product and demand in the most efficient manner.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Industrial & Systems Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term