OPT 1201 Introduction to Manufacturing Safety
This course introduces the concepts and practices of safety in advanced manufacturing, including good practices, hazards, prevention, and corrective action. Students will have the opportunity to earn the Safety certification through the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) as part of their Certified Production Technician (CPT) program.
- Identify appropriate corrective action to address unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrate safe workplace practices.
- Perform safety inspections.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Industrial & Systems Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No