OPT 1202 Quality Practices & Measurement for Manufacturing
An introduction to controlling and improving quality in a manufacturing setting, including the concepts of measurement, calibration, auditing, inspection, and continuous improvement. Explores ways that manufacturers use data and analysis to improve quality. Students will have the opportunity to earn the Quality Practices and Measurement certification through the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) as part of the Certified Production Technician (CPT) program.
- Perform and document precision dimensional measurements using calipers and micrometers.
- Construct and analyze basic control charts.
- Suggest process improvements by using data analysis tools like Pareto charts and fishbone diagrams.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Industrial & Systems Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No