OPT 1203 Manufacturing Processes & Production
This course introduces the manufacturing processes and production systems commonly used in modern industry. Additional emphasis on communication, teamwork, planning, documentation, and coordination. Students will have the opportunity to earn the Manufacturing Processes and Production certification through the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) as part of their Certified Production Technician (CPT) program.
- Describe methods of controlling production flow.
- Utilize the documentation required to control the materials, equipment, and labor in a production system.
- Identify the characteristics and advantages of common manufacturing processes used in modern industry.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Industrial & Systems Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term