OTA 1211 Occupational Therapy Assistant Foundations I
Introduction to occupational therapy and people with physical, psychosocial and/or developmental disabilities in a non-traditional community-based setting with supervision provided by a licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant. Focuses on activity implementation, observation skills, professionalism, therapeutic use of self and occupational therapy practice framework language. Two classroom, three clinical hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 1111
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize sound judgment in regard to safety of self and others, and adhere to safety regulations throughout the occupational therapy process.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact throughout written, oral and nonverbal communication with client/family/care givers, colleagues, other health care providers and the public in a professionally acceptable manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to choose and analyze activities incorporating the language of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Clinical: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
12:00PM to 1:50PM