OTA 1214 Occupational Therapy & Adults with Physical Dysfunction Lab
Focus on physical dysfunction intervention to increase independence in areas of occupation. Screening and evaluation of occupational performance affected by physical dysfunction. Includes use of occupations for purpose of physical dysfunction assessments and interventions. Six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 1111
- Demonstrate the ability to grade and adapt the environment, tools, materials, occupations and interventions to reflect the changing needs of the client and the sociocultural context.
- Exhibit the ability to analyze acts or tasks relative to areas of occupation, performance skills, performance patterns, activity demands, context(s) and client factors to implement the intervention plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and share data for the purpose of evaluating clients' occupational performance in activities of daily living, instrumental activities of daily living, education, work, play, leisure and social participation.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide remediation and/or compensation for physical, cognitive, perceptual and sensory skills.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 10:40AM