OTA 1314 Occupational Therapy & Neurological Dysfunction Lab
Focus on neurological dysfunction intervention to increase independence in areas of occupation. Screening and evaluation of occupational performance affected by neurological dysfunction. Includes use of occupations for purpose of neurological dysfunction assessments and interventions. Four lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 1214
- Demonstrate ability to provide remediation and/or compensation for physical, neuromuscular, cognitive, perceptual and sensory skills.
- Exhibit ability to analyze activities or tasks relative to areas of occupation, performance skills, performance patterns, activity demands, context(s) and client factors to implement the intervention plan for a client with neurological dysfunction.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and share data for the purpose of evaluating clients' occupational performance in activities of daily living, instrumental activities of daily living, education, work, play, leisure and social participation.
- Demonstrate ability to grade and adapt the environment, tools, materials, occupations and interventions to reflect the changing needs of the client with neurological dysfunction and the sociocultural context.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No