OTA 1315 Therapeutic Use of Self
Personal development, including development of the self as an effective therapeutic tool, exploration of values, personal and cultural attitudes, sensitivity to cultural differences, group process and ethical decision making. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 1111
- Demonstrate understanding of the therapeutic use of self, including one's personality, insights, perceptions, judgments, values, ethics and morals in both individual and group interaction.
- Demonstrate the ability to describe strategies for analyzing issues and making decisions in order to resolve personal and organizational ethical conflicts.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact verbally and nonverbally in a professionally acceptable manner.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No