OTA 2413 Occupational Therapy Assistant & Pediatrics Lab
Focus on intervention to increase independence in areas of occupation with pediatric population. Screening and evaluation of occupational performance affected by dysfunction. Includes use of occupations for purpose of assessments and interventions with infants, children and adolescents. Four lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 1314
- Exhibit ability to analyze activities/tasks relative to areas of occupation, performance skills, performance patterns, activity demands, context(s) and client factors to implement the pediatric intervention plan.
- Demonstrate ability to grade and adapt the environment, tools, materials, occupations and interventions to reflect the changing needs of the pediatric client and the sociocultural context.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and share data for the purpose of evaluating clients' occupational performance in activities of daily living, instrumental activities of daily living, education, work, play, leisure and social participation.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide remediation and/or compensation for physical, cognitive, perceptual and sensory skills with pediatric populations.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 10:40AM
12:00PM to 2:40PM